Current Job Openings at RAILS
RSA Operations Manager (278740)
The Resource Sharing Alliance NFP (RSA) is seeking a forward thinking, innovative, strategic individual with strong project management skills to help move the organization forward during a time of transformation.
The RSA Operations Manager is a new position in RSA. It guides the Member Services department and provides support to our member libraries through help desk calls, emails, and committee meetings. We're looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to nurture and support libraries, encourage participation and collaboration, and who provide excellent member support.
The RSA Operations Manager will have a direct hand in transforming RSA over the next several years. The ideal candidate is a strong, dynamic leader and collaborative team player; is organized and effectively pushes projects forward; has a proven track record of implementing innovative solutions, developing staff and policy; and has the ability to refocus attention and efforts as needed.
The RSA Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the RSA Executive Director (a.k.a. LLSAP Services Manager) with the day-to-day operations of the consortium. This position works with other RSA supervisors, RSA staff, and member libraries to oversee, coordinate, collaborate, and complete RSA projects and initiatives.
The Operations Manager leads the Member Services team, overseeing day-to-day library automation system operations and troubleshooting, patron and circulation policy, member library ILS operations, the patron experience, and training with an emphasis on circulation functions and other patron-facing services. This position leads an agile and fast-paced organization encompassing a variety of stakeholders, team members, and 3rd party vendors. The Operations Manager works closely with other RSA staff and member libraries to ensure the effective operation, support, and continuity of service to our libraries.
Core Job Functions include (see linked job description for the full list and details):
* Supports the RSA Executive Director with the annual budget, strategic and long-range planning, system reports, and surveys
* Develops, recommends, and implements changes to RSA's policies and procedures
* Works with accounting for paying bills and serves as a check deposit authority for RSA
* Manages, tracks, and assures completion of projects
* Translates project requirements into objectives and tasks, managing assignments and resources
* Develops, oversees, and maintains project documentation, timelines, and descriptions
* Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates the RSA Member Services team
* Directs, oversees, and performs system maintenance and troubleshooting for circulation and patron related operations
* Develops, oversees, and maintains RSA Support website content, primarily in the areas of circulation, holds, patrons, and related policy
* Develops and oversees Member Services Department consulting and library staff training
* Develops, oversees, coordinates, and conducts site visits and member engagement
* Advises and consults with member libraries about RSA products and services
* Facilitates, coordinates, and schedules trainings, continuing education events, and RSA committee and RSA Governance meetings
* Facilitates member-to-member communications in conflicts or disagreements in ILS operations
* Cultivates constructive relationships and collaborates with RSA colleagues, RSA member libraries and staff, vendors, and other stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (see linked job description for the full list and details):
* MLS from an ALA accredited graduate school, MBA, or MPA preferred
* Bachelor's Degree required. Library Science, Project Management, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent preferred
Required Knowledge and Experience:
* Familiarity with ILS automation systems used by public libraries and automation consortia
* Minimum 5 years combined library experience including circulation desk and public services
* Minimum 2 years of relevant management experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony family of ILS products
* 2+ years of project management experience
* Budget and Financial planning experience
* Experience working with or reporting to a governing board
* Excellence in all dealings with internal and external constituents
* Ability to deal with evolving goals in a busy and flexible environment
* Able to approach challenges with a positive attitude, foreseeing and working around potential problems, building consensus, and providing practical solutions based on experience
The Resource Sharing Alliance NFP is a large, multi-type library automation consorting serving 140+ libraries in over 13,000 square miles of central and west central Illinois. We provide high quality, shared automation services via SirsiDynix Symphony, multiple eBook platforms, mobile apps, open access databases, reporting, and more to our member libraries.
RSA began in the early 1980s and has continued to expand our services and membership ever since. RSA is currently a 501(c)(3) organization which partners with Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) for staffing support, office space, and other services. We have 12 full-time staff and an approximately 2-million-dollar annual budget. Over the next few years, RSA will finalize changes to our governance structure and shift to being a fully independent organization and directly hiring our support staff. After that shift occurs, this position will become the RSA Assistant Director.
RSA's core values include:
- Engaged, effective, and efficient operations
- Innovative library automation for all member libraries, regardless of size or type
- Facilitated resource sharing between members, strengthened by Illinois' state-wide delivery
- Responsive and visionary leadership for our membership
- Outstanding training, customer service, and ILS support to our member libraries
What RAILS Offers:
* Competitive pay
* A generous benefits package that includes health insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off
* Comfortable office working environment
* Opportunities for professional development and for participation in professional organizations
Our office is in East Peoria, Illinois and we work in a hybrid environment. Much of our membership support and training is performed virtually and online training and presenting skills are valued. We schedule visits to member libraries for support, training, or meeting purposes as the need arise.
RAILS is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent is a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organizations achievement as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make individuals unique.